Friday, June 6, 2008

MARBLE SAYS...



Friends, mutts, mongrels and pups! I've finally returned from a month-long vacation in lovely Paris, and am pleased to see the warm weather has finally arrived here in Astoria. After a too-long hiatus, I figured you've more than earned a two-for one deal. As the AstoriaGirls have explored much of Brooklyn lately, I'd like to throw in my 2-cents about two particular spots of merit. If you're a fan of Loveday 31 and Candy Plum, you must check out the Park Slope versions, if ever you find yourself on the other end of the Q line: Legacy (http://www.legacy-nyc.com/), located on Atlantic Ave., is an exquisitely edited boutique with a vibrant array of vintage dresses. Several weeks back, Willa K found a deep violet and fuschia number from the 1970's she couldn't say no to. Prices are on the high side (about $300-$400 for a frock), but she scored hers for $125. My personal favorite, Redberi, (http://redberi.com/) has a spectrum of eclectic accessories, shoes, dresses and denim. Again, bring a credit card, you'll spend about $100 a piece. Queens still wins for affordable vintage chic, but all in all, I give Redberi and Legacy a resounding 4 pawprints.